Having hard drive trouble

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Benjy94c, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Benjy94c

Benjy94c

Hi there,

How do.

I have an acer aspire v3-731 on windows 7 and have had a nasty blue screen after hard drive warnings.

Now can't do anything on laptop, this happened a long time ago, lost interest when I got myself a girlfriend haha.

But would like to try and fix it now. I've attached an image of the blue screen problem.

If worst case Is a new hard drive, where would be the best place to buy one?

I also have an acer aspire 5535 with knackered screen and keyboard but the hard drive was fine, so wondering if that would fit or would I be wasting my time digging it out of loft!

I don't mind trying things out myself as have some basic knowledge of computers but also willing to learn some new tricks!

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Benjy94c, Oct 21, 2015
  2. Benjy94c

Geozef

Try to replace your RAM first

Geozef, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Benjy94c

Brian8gbSSDLinux

I don't see in your spec (online) if there is a DVD/CD player fitted - if there is... fitting the HDD from your acer aspire 5535 and powering up with the acer aspire v3-731 recovery disk in the DVD ought to 'up date the 'new' HDD for use in the acer aspire v3-731.

You did make a recovery disk, didn't you? OR if you have a WINDOWS 7 DVD you could use that...

Did you check what the Product code of your Windows 7 (Originally) installed on the acer aspire v3-731 was? (First thing I ever do - using Keyfinder)... Acer's (in fact, Any Manufacturers) product code is a Company Specific code and Re-installing Windows using the Product code from the Label under the Laptop usually fails... you end up having to phone MS to explain why you are using the 'wrong' Product code... Yeah, it sucks... but THEN - they do accept it...

So you guys who just bought (or never checked your REAL Product Code) - get the REAL product code from your Shop Bought Computer, NOW, and write it somewhere safe... so much less hassle if you have to re-install. (Google Keyfinder.exe and get it ONLY from The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder website !!!)

P.S. (WIndows 10 Free (as in UPGRADED from Win 7 OR 8) is DIFFERENT !)

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Oct 22, 2015
Ask a Question