Have you had problems with your Aspire One?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ralphygarfield, Sep 28, 2008.

?

Have you had problems with your AA1 during or after installing a new OS (Operating System)?

1. No problems - went as smooth as on any other computer.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, I did have problems.

47.4%
  3. There were issues but I knew how to bypass them before they occurred.

52.6%
  1. ralphygarfield

ralphygarfield

Please vote! I'm trying to get a consensus of how many people have encountered abnormal problems with their AA1 during or after they formatted their machine and installed a new OS. By that I mean, an OS that was not pre-installed on the machine.

My hope is that this poll will give us an idea if problems happen to everyone who installs a new OS or just a few.

Please also state what problems occurred and what OS you were trying to install, and if no problems occurred, state which OS you installed. Provide as much info as possible if you can.

ralphygarfield, Sep 28, 2008
  2. ralphygarfield

melhiore

Yes. I had problems. But nothing major. Still you need some computer knowledge and all of them you can sort by your self... On this forum we're meeting computer enthusiasts from all over the world, problems for them is like daily bread :D Without computer problems live will be really boring...

melhiore, Sep 28, 2008
  3. ralphygarfield

judeh101

I did have problems, my sound crackles and pauses. Problem with sound driver.

judeh101, Sep 28, 2008
  4. ralphygarfield

nchntr

I had my bios crash because of Windows Vista activating Hibernation due to low battery level.
    I fixed it using the USB bios flash procedure and new BIOS 3.304 from ACER's site.

nchntr, Oct 11, 2008
  5. ralphygarfield

donec

There were some things that didn't work with Onelinux but they are things I am not interested in so no problem.

donec, Oct 11, 2008
  6. ralphygarfield

fateastray

Just this evening, my One refused to boot. Had to flash the BIOS in order to make the damn thing work again. Gah..

fateastray, Oct 11, 2008
  7. ralphygarfield

goofball

Only the BIOS problem but moved to 3304 and have not had it happpen since.

goofball, Oct 12, 2008
Ask a Question