Hardware assisted virtualization on Aspire 4935G?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by agus.suhanto, Jun 4, 2009.

1. agus.suhanto

agus.suhanto

I have Aspire 4935G (Intel Core 2 Duo P8600), and I installed Windows 7 64 bit replacing OEM licensed Windows Vista Home premium. Windows 7 64 bit can't run Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP 1 (both 32 and 64 bit). It also can't run Microsoft Vistual Server 2005 R2 (both 32 and 64 bit). So, the only way to enable virtualization on Windows 7 is by using the Windows Virtual PC Beta. It is also required when we want to activate Windows XP mode on Windows 7.

Windows Virtual PC Beta requires hardware-assisted virtualization feature to be turned on. This means that both the processor and BIOS must support this feature. I have checked the processor already supports this feature. But, I still can't find the setting for this feature in Aspire 4935G BIOS.

Did someone already work around this problem?
    Is there any way that I can patch or upgrade the BIOS to enable the hardware assisted virtualization?

Thanks,
    Agus @ Jakarta - Indonesia

agus.suhanto, Jun 4, 2009
  2. agus.suhanto

tankster

don't think you will find much help here, this forum is aspireone (netbook) specific.

tankster, Jun 5, 2009
Ask a Question