Google CEO Sundar Pichai may launch an online poll to name Android N

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

You might may get to vote on what Android N stands for.

Google CEO Sundar Pichai told a group of students during a visit to India that the company may conduct an online poll to select the name of the next version of Android, which is already referred to as Android N. He also quipped that if all of India voted, the dessert could bear an Indian name.

It’s been all American-friendly treats so far. Google got started on its dessert craze for Android names with version 1.5, named Cupcake. It then continued with Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat (which included a marketing agreement with Nestle), Lollipop, and current version Marshmallow.

Why this matters: An online poll sounds like a lot of fun, and would probably generate plenty of buzz amongst the Android faithful. Plus, it could drum up more attention for Google’s mobile efforts in India, an area of focus for Pichai with the Android One initiative. You can’t go wrong with a tasty treat like Nutella, but there’s no telling if Google again wants to partner with another dessert maker like it did for KitKat.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3017...-launch-an-online-poll-to-name-android-n.html

Sefie, Dec 20, 2015
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

The online poll sounds like fun and I know my Android people would love to participate but I am not sure about an Indian name though. And yes, you can go wrong with Nutella if you are allergic to nuts ;) HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAYS!

IcyBC, Dec 21, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

I personally love Nutella :p I hope it doesn't get an Indian dessert name, because that is not very global at all to me :p Happy holidays to you as well! Time to relax and enjoy :)

Sefie, Dec 21, 2015
Ask a Question