going from win7 to winxp

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Valerie, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Valerie

Valerie

have a AA1 D255E came with win7 starter would like to put winxp in. how?

Valerie, Jan 22, 2014
  2. Valerie

Sefie

Windows 7 starter really sucks, because you are really limited by it. You don't need to downgrade to XP tho, you just need to get a key for Anytime Upgrade, there are 3 versions of Windows 7 you can get: Premium, Professional and Ultimate. Shouldn't be hard to get a key... Now is the best time to do it, because I tried to do this in the past and wouldn't work, so the best time to do this upgrade is when you haven't really used the computer that much.

Sefie, Jan 22, 2014
  3. Valerie

Nestone50

TO upgrade Windows 7 Starter to Home Premium, just right click "My Computer." Then click "Properties" from the drop down menu. When the Control Panel "System" box opens, look to the lower left and click on "Windows Update." Then at the very lower left click on "Windows Anytime Update." Assuming you are online, you can download and purchase an upgraded version of Windows 7. Actually, all you really get is a new product key as the full Windows 7 components are already on the netbook but are locked with the Windows 7 Starter key.
    You really don't want to install Windows XP unless all your computing will be done offline. Microsoft support for Windows XP ends in April and there will be no further security updates. 30% of the world's computers are still using Windows XP. As a result, all kinds of new viruses and malware will descend on XP making it's further use very dangerous in regards to any personal information you might have on your computer.

Nestone50, Jan 22, 2014
  4. Valerie

LindaKay

As much as I love Windows XP, I probably wouldn't suggest doing that. Like someone else said, Microsoft is stopping support for XP soon. Your computer will be at a much greater risk of viruses and such, and you will have a hard time running things over time with that outdated operating system.

LindaKay, Jan 23, 2014
Ask a Question