Gaming kills laptop?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by hokagement, May 25, 2022.

1. hokagement

hokagement

Hello,
    I have an HP Laptop 15 with an i3 - 7020U processor (2.30 GHz)
    RAM is 4 GB
    64bit os
    And Intel HD graphics 620 card.

I bought it in 2019.
    In 2020 I found out I could play PS2 games via some things called emulators.

And so I've been playing them till the March of this year.

This March I realised that my potato PC can run games like Resident Evil 5, BioShock, FF XIII etc on it.

I was ecstatic.

I got Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Fallout New Vegas and started playing them.

A week ago while playing FNV. My laptop suddenly shut down by itself.

And didn't turn on, no matter what I did to it.

I took it to get repaired and this guy tells me that playing games was too much for my laptop and if I kept playing games on it my laptop will shut down forever.

I thought if the specs are permitting you for the game you want to play then no matter how long you play, nothing is going to happen to your laptop.

I really really want to play FNV. Kindly explain my Laptop's situation and suggest a solution.

Thank you.

hokagement, May 25, 2022
  2. hokagement

MacFluffer

Okay, I think this is the question of the core temperature. You need to have thermo paste regularly changed and be sure your cooling works fine. It also depends on where you download the games. If that's some fishy website or torrents you need to check for the viruses and malware because they can cause your laptop to shutdown.
    My ancient lenovo on celeron core from 2013 did ok with bioshock until around 2019 or 2020 when I bought the new laptop.

MacFluffer, Jul 11, 2022
Ask a Question