G73 freezing

Discussion in 'Asus' started by hashxc, Oct 2, 2015.

1. hashxc

hashxc

So I've been having this issue; my Asus g73 is occasionally freezing on me. I have tried to figure out what software might be causing the issue, by reinstalling the os (win 7) and working with it without anything installed other than the os and still freezing. No particular rhyme or reason when it happens. Sometimes it will freeze while I'm browsing, sometimes I'll come back to it in the morning after sitting ideal all night and it's froze. Sometimes it's daily and it can also go a week without freezing. So bazaar. I'm relatively certain it's the video card, but was curious if anyone has seen this type issue before and found it to be something else, before I spend $150-$200 for the card.

Any comments wild be appreciated.

hashxc, Oct 2, 2015
  2. hashxc

spence88

I know this is like 6 months late, but just a heads up for anyone who sees this in the future. I actually had the same problem before with my laptop. I have an ASUS G75VW ROG laptop. Troubleshooting this issue is definitely not easy, because of the seemingly countless possibilities it involves. However, the two most common fixes in this issue are doing a fresh install of the OS (with updated drivers) and replacing the thermal paste of your CPUs/GPUs!
    Yes, the latter seems unreasonable, but one of the most common causes of freezing is overheating. Mine is freezing/restarting a lot because of CPU overheating. I did a fresh install, still freezing. Then, I replaced the thermal paste of both CPUs and GPUs and magic, the freezing/restarting is gone. Your case could be different though, but these two often fix the problem.

spence88, Mar 23, 2016
Ask a Question