Funny things that were not so funny, at the time!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by something back, Jan 6, 2016.

1. something back

something back

Funny things that were not so funny, at the time!!

I'll open this section.

Had a series of television problems,so decided to take the TV in for repair rather than wait for
    the repair shop to collect it. The TV shop lent me an old set to be getting on with while my set was in for repair.

The replacement set was placed in my car ,and on the journey back as I slowed down at a junction
    the rear of my car opened and out popped the borrowed set, scattering itself , and glass all over the road.

Hope other members have some funny stories.

something back, Jan 6, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. something back

Sefie

Ouch! How much did that cost? D: I hope not much! I hate it when things happen like that, but I had something similar happen to me recently. I think I talked about it over here :) Well, I was dumb enough to leave a bottle of water (open) near my laptop. My cat (Bob) knocked it over, the water fell all over the laptop's keyboard and of course it was all ruined, it could have been worse though...

I took it to the only place I could find open! Bad idea :p It took them ages to get the keyboard for me... A month and half? I don't remember so well. Oh yes, a it was very expensive, but can do nothing but laugh now when I remember that. Lesson learned though... no more glasses or water bottles near the laptop ;)

Sefie, Jan 8, 2016
  3. something back

something back

Cost to pride immeasurable!!! money approx $90 or £55

something back, Jan 8, 2016
  4. something back

IcyBC

Oh boy, you just got the bad luck, didn't you? Did you replace your old set for the borrowed one?

I am just a stick in the mud with no funny story to tell :(

IcyBC, Jan 8, 2016
  5. something back

something back

I have done other daft things, left the steering lock still locked on my motorbike
    and tried to drive off, much to say I went one way as the bike went the other way.

Hired a rental car over in Spain years ago , the rep pointed in the direction of a very small car park.

So as a good driver before driving off in it, I adjusted the drivers, side, and rear view
    mirrors along with the steering wheel, and seat only to find the actual car we had hired
    was the car behind. Of course the key did not fit.

Oops !! We later found out it was the reps car we had messed with.

It's other members stories I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    something back, Jan 8, 2016
  6. something back

Sefie

I just remembered something that wasn't so funny 2 years ago. I was at my in laws place, and my fiance was taking a shower, but he forgot he had left his iphone in his pants. Now never ever picked up his laundry because that is something his mom always did before I even tried :p Well, we had heard a very odd noise a couple hours after that, something inside the dryer was making that noise, we thought nothing of it.

That was until he realized he hadn't seen his iphone for a while. He checked everywhere, until he decided to check inside the dryer and yep... there it was! We came to the conclusion we had heard earlier was his phone being crushed inside the dryer :(

Oh yes, he threw a big tantrum, and his mother even tried to run this on me, but luckily it didn't work. She never apologized for this (I should have taken this as a clear sing of what an awful person she actually is, but I late found out when she and her husband showed their true faces). Anyways, the closest she was of apologizing was by offering to pay half of the money for a new phone for him.

Oh yes, not fun at all back then (his mom made him so suspicious of me - so scary), but at the end truth shined trough :p Now it's funny to reminisce.

Sefie, Jan 10, 2016
  7. something back

Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 19, 2016
Ask a Question