Full guide to installing Vista/Windows 7 on AAO

Discussion in 'Windows' started by th3 pla6u3, Jan 7, 2009.

1. th3 pla6u3

th3 pla6u3

Again, just like the topic in the *nix section, is anyone interested in this being made... I have a lot of free time, and would love to do it.

th3 pla6u3, Jan 7, 2009
  2. th3 pla6u3

Stu

I doubt very much you will get any complaints from a Windows 7 perspective ;)

There are plenty of threads that will get people there, but pulling it all together into one is never a bad thing.

Vista I think is pretty much covered unless I am mistaken.

Stu, Jan 7, 2009
  3. th3 pla6u3

th3 pla6u3

I know, but there is no real straight forward howto... it is all in bits and peices... very confusing for nubs..

th3 pla6u3, Jan 7, 2009
  4. th3 pla6u3

Mats184

Could you please make the "install windows 7," I really need it! I'm a noob so if you could make it a bit understandable, it would be GREAT! Thank you!

Mats184, Jan 9, 2009
  5. th3 pla6u3

Raiden

Raiden, Jan 10, 2009
  6. th3 pla6u3

elBradford

I have also posted a walkthrough on my blog here.

elBradford, Jan 19, 2009
  7. th3 pla6u3

Jhoosier

Is it possible to install Win7 to the Linpus version with the SSD? How much space is needed? Cheers!

Also, elBradford, your link is broken, at least for me. Same on the other thread you posted it. Maybe it's just my work computer.

Jhoosier, Feb 4, 2009
  8. th3 pla6u3

elBradford

After installing Ultimate (which obviously is more bloated than the, say, Home Premium I'll probably end up putting on it) and some of the apps I mentioned in my blog, my disk is about 10GB full. I'm not sure how large you SSD is, but as far as speed is concerned, it should be fast enough to run at least a slimmed down version of Windows 7. Like I mention in my blog (I'm too lazy right now to grab the link) TweakHound's vista optimization will help you trim it down to run faster on slower hardware.

And my blog is back up. I thought I could get away with swapping out the motherboard, but Vista really doesn't like that. With XP it would work but oh well, it's back up now.

elBradford, Feb 4, 2009
Ask a Question