From Vista Home Premium to XP SP3

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Guest, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi to all, i had installed windows vista from a usb stick, but now i want to install xp sp3, how can i do it without usb cdrom?
    i tried to init in msdos and format but it said that the drive is used by the system, also inside vista too. i also tried to make the xp boot usb but if i get it conected when i turn on the netbook said me an error "extract disk/media and press any key to reset"...

thnx

Guest, Aug 13, 2008
  2. Guest

loopyoyo

loopyoyo, Aug 14, 2008
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

when i bought aspire one i do this tutorial, and i have a usb stick of 4gb with xp wich i had installed, but one day i want to try vista on acer and y put it in another stick of 4gb too, i installed but now when i put the xp stick said "quite disco/medio presione cualquier tecla para continuar" "extract disk/media and press any key to reset", i tried to run windows xp live usb stick but said it too, so i havent got any idea of how to format the ssd.. anyone knows if theres an app with boot that can format and be runned from an usb?

Guest, Aug 14, 2008
  4. Guest

Piro

Try instead using a linux distro to boot and format the ssd? It should work

Piro, Aug 15, 2008
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

more of the same, it said "extract disc/media and press any key to reset" i think that the only way to came back to xp is using an usb-cdrom...

anyway thanks 4 all

Guest, Aug 15, 2008
Ask a Question