Freeze at acer logo

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by yatfu, Dec 27, 2008.

1. yatfu

yatfu

Hi guys,

About a week ago, I took my aspire one to one of the big computer markets here to get a RAM-upgrade (I'm not technical enough to do these sort of things myself). What I had been afraid of from the start then actually happened, when I came back to pick up my AAO the guy said it wouldn't boot anymore. The guy said I should send it in for warranty, but as I do not know what he has done to the machine, I demanded that he'd fix it.

The guy said it will take about 2 weeks to fix, but I really need the machine now. The actual problem is that the computer freezes at the boot up screen (acer bios logo) and then just keeps sitting there. The guy at the computer market hasn't been really willing to explain the problem to me, but he says it has something to do with the bios and that it is very common. I've been doing some research online and I think maybe macles bios recovery method will work for me, but as I have not found any problems that look like mine (only the "black screen of death resembles it a bit), I'm not sure whether I should pick up the machine and try this myself.

So, I'm in need of some advice in two ways:1. is this problem a common problem and can it be fixed with macles method?
    2. Should I (might this solution not work) pick it up and send it in for warranty or let the guy fix it himself?

Thanks in advance.

yatfu, Dec 27, 2008
  2. yatfu

kank

I'm having the same problem - my AAO boots right to the acer startup screen, but after a while, all HDD activity stops and it just stays there. It goes to a blank screen (but lighted) after a while.

This happened before, but it started working again after a night with no batteries or cable. Now it's been like this for a week. Any help?

kank, Jan 4, 2009
  3. yatfu

nonogm

greetings

I have noticed sometimes - it happens oddily - that the startup is very long.
    it looks like if the pc was "frozen".

the first time it happened I re-installed completely the OS.

in fact, it only ( i trust ! ) requires that you wait for some time. It can take 4 to 5 minutes.

It has been generated most of the time when the power was off (running out of battery) or when the system was brutally halted.

Perhaps you can try to wait. I did and it was the end of the problem (until the next time, more time)

regards

nonogm, Jan 18, 2009
  4. yatfu

laowai

yatfu,

I have the same issue and waiting doesn't seem to do the trick
    how di dyou solve it eventually ? what is macles method ?

laowai, Jan 19, 2009
  5. yatfu

yatfu

Google for macles aspire one bios recovery and you can try if his method works for you as well. In the end I just sent it in for warranty and they replaced my motherboard:p

yatfu, Jan 23, 2009
Ask a Question