Formatted D250, chipset drivers issue

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ManUntd7, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ManUntd7

ManUntd7

Hey guys, after a lot of effort and research with no positive outcome, I decided to sign up to this forum to hopefully get an answer to my issue. Here's the situation:

I decided to format my Aspire One D250 with a USB pen drive. I followed all these steps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vt_8p0V ... re=related). Somehow the netbook didn't detected any C: drive while I was in the boot screen to install XP. So I decided to verify if there was something wrong in the bios causing that issue, and noticed there was a setting to boot as "AHCI". I was wondering if that could have been the problem and changed it to IDE. Booted it again and it detected the drive where the existing XP was installed. Decided to format it with the IDE setting, and did so with success. Now to the drivers.

I installed every single driver with success except for the chipset and the webcam (I think the webcam drivers can be installed successfully if the chipset driver installs). After I install the chipset, it asks me to reboot the system... rebooted it.

The issue is: the pc doesn't boot into windows... it gives me a BSOD and quickly disappears and starts again from the boot screen. This happens repeatedly without booting to windows.Went back in the bios settings, tried to change it back to AHCI (I know it won't work, but with hope, I tried it) and obviously it didn't work. Changed the setting back to IDE. The only way I can have the netbook boot into windows again is selecting "Last known configuration that worked". If I do so, the chipset remains to be installed.

I downloaded the SATA drivers from Acer's website but the installer says "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. Setup will now exit".

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I tried googling some answers but couldn't figure it out.

ManUntd7, Mar 9, 2010
  2. ManUntd7

Swarvey Moderator

I don't know what the odds are, but you might need to have the latest service packs installed. i've never met this restriction with driver installation, but a lot of software now has a hissy fit if you don't have the SP's installed.

Did you install XP Home or Pro? Again, not sure if this makes a difference, but there may be a reason the Acer support site differentiates between Home and Pro editions when selecting drivers.

Are you 100% certain you've obtained the chipset drivers for the right netbook on the Acer site?

Provided your Webcam is being detected (even if it's not being installed) you can install that ahead of the chipset drivers if you wish. Basically it's a USB webcam, so long as your USB controllers are installed, the computer can see and install the webcam.

Swarvey, Mar 9, 2010
  3. ManUntd7

ManUntd7

I updated my system, I have the latest version of updates. Installed XP Pro. I looked again if I had the right files, and I did.

Edit: I actually managed to install the chipset drivers by going in the device manager and updating the driver. Worked fine. I also managed installing the webcam. Now if you or anyone else can tell me how to switch the system back to ahci it would be appreciated. It seems to me that it was booting faster and the netbook ran faster that way. Thanks!

ManUntd7, Mar 10, 2010
  4. ManUntd7

AOD150BLACK

AOD150BLACK, Mar 11, 2010
Ask a Question