Format and partion hard disk

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Mandaragat, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Mandaragat

Mandaragat

Hi there! I pst this topic to know if anybody there who have tried to format their acer one 160gb. A friend of mine just boought his own 10" acer one and tried to format it and partition into 2 drives. It works and I was planning to do the same, his OS now is windows xp sp3 ultimate and the background looks like windows vista. I told him I am planning to do the same with my acer 8"9' but at the same the observe his netbooks first if there are any problems....So any of you guys have tried it? He save the old OS by the way.

Mandaragat, Jun 29, 2009
  2. Mandaragat

delleva_williams

:( I am trying to upgrade my aspire one from XP home sp3 to XP professional sp3. Im trying to learn how to convert my FAT & FAT32 files to NTFS. Im trying to learn how to partition a solid state hard drive. can anyone help me. please.

delleva_williams, Jul 1, 2009
  3. Mandaragat

jimcpl

Hi,

I used BootIt NG ("BING") from Terabyte Unlimited (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com).

You can boot BING from a floppy or CD normally, and then use it to do stuff like create partitions, resize partitions, "slide" partitions, etc.

Since the Aspire Ones don't have either floppy or CD drive, you can:

- Boot BING from an external USB floppy drive
    - Boot BING from an external CD/DVD drive
    - Boot BING from a USB stick that is able to emulate a USB floppy drive

You can normally convert a FAT32 partition (no such thing as a FAT32 file) to an NTFS partition using the "convert" command, e.g., see:

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/ntfscvt.php

Hope that that helps.

Jim

P.S. I am not associated with Terabyte. I am just a user...

jimcpl, Jul 2, 2009
Ask a Question