Flatten and Rebuild Windows Vista on Acer Aspire 4736G

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Hitesh, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Hitesh

Hitesh

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by this post.

I just bought an Acer Aspire 4736G Laptop with Windows Vista pre installed (including a lot of additional softwares which came pre installed by Acer).

When i bought the Laptop, my retailer did not give me a CD for the Vista OS installer, since it was pre installed or factory installed. But i have the key for Vista on the back of the lkaptop which means i do have a license.

Now what i want to do is install a 120 days trial of Windows 2008 Server on my Laptop, (i have a cd for the same). Since i do not have the Vista OS software with me, i cannot really just start with the Windows server installation since i may need to come back to Vista once the trial period for the Windows 2008 Server. So how do i do this. Is there some software which i can use to do something like a bootable ghost copy for the Vista OS and get it back fully when i need it by running the bootable cd. Or if there are any existing softwares like Acer Backup Managet or NTI Backup or anything else which i could use?

Your advise is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Hitesh

Hitesh, Aug 21, 2009
Ask a Question