Flashing from 3109 to 3114?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by LinpusMad, Dec 29, 2008.

1. LinpusMad

LinpusMad

Hey
    My BIOS Version at the moment 3109 and I've heard a lot about people Acer Aspire Ones being Bricked. I'm thinking of doing it because when I'm running off battery the screen flickers at low level, I'm not updating to the latest one yet because I've heard about people just upgrading from 3109 to 3305 and theres has been bricked. Is it a good idea or not?

Thanks in advance.
    :cool:

LinpusMad, Dec 29, 2008
  2. LinpusMad

Guest Guest

I'm currently using the 3309 version and everything seems to work fine... :D

Here's a link:
    Code:
    [url]http://macles.blogspot.com/[/url]

Guest, Dec 31, 2008
  3. LinpusMad

pablo101

well my acre decided to brick itself running the original bios 3104? either way, i downloaded 3114 and put it on usb stick and did that emergency bios restore trick. It worked.....

pablo101, Jan 6, 2009
  4. LinpusMad

ronime

I upgraded my A110 from 3109 to 3114 and downgraded my A150 from 3301 to 3114.

Both machines have the AUO11C2 LCD panels do not suffer from screen flicker on either model at low backlight settings, however Acer in their infinite wisdom have decided that my panels will be affected by flicker and give me the useless brighter backlight settings with any BIOS version greater than 3114.

You should be aware that on BIOS versions 3301 and higher that you may lose the dim backlight settings (the lowest 4 settings will be much brighter than before and there is hardly any difference until you hit level 5 or higher), although in your case this may cure the flicker problem.

ronime, Jan 26, 2009
  5. LinpusMad

LinpusMad

Is there any reason why sometimes people bios' dont flash with the acer aspire one? :cool:

LinpusMad, Feb 16, 2009
  6. LinpusMad

ronime

There could be some other serious hardware fault, other than a corrupt BIOS, that prevents the machine from progressing beyond a "black screen" and booting properly. In such cases the emergency BIOS recovery procedure will not work.

If you have a fully working machine then there is no real reason why a BIOS upgrade or downgrade cannot be performed, using either WinFlash in Windows, FLASHIT in DOS or the emergency recovery procedure.

BTW, I took delivery of an A150 last week with BIOS v3114 which was badly affected by the flickering backlight problem. I sent this one back for replacement since I have had four other AA1s which have not suffered from the flickering backlight problem and all had BIOS v3114 installed. The replacement should arrive this week.

ronime, Feb 16, 2009
Ask a Question