flashing BIOS now?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by dosign, Nov 2, 2008.

1. dosign

dosign

I have been waiting for a new BIOS to be released but i guess i have to flash it now to the version that´s available. Just thinking if it´s such a good idea to flash the BIOS now when these reboots have started to occur. They do come right after the start too... so for the first time in my pc-life i´m a bit of concerned about the safety of flashing the BIOS with the One. You think i should do it?

dosign, Nov 2, 2008
  2. dosign

Guest Guest

I'm considering the same thing but am unsure as well. I don't know if it is safe. I am planning on calling Acer tomorrow and seeing what they have to say. And may browse forums, too, if I have the time.

I figure they probably may know considering they built and designed the thing and the new BIOS. ;)

I'll post results here...

Guest, Nov 4, 2008
  3. dosign

Guest Guest

I flashed my BIOS, and it has been working fine. I did an OS install (Ubuntu), and the fan acted slightly different. Did not talk to Acer about it, though. I suppose it is as risky as installing an OS on one's hard drive?

Guest, Nov 8, 2008
Ask a Question