Flashed the BIOS, now battery life has dropped by 50% - help

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by wanderlust, Dec 3, 2009.

1. wanderlust

wanderlust

Hi there all. After a lot of stressing and exhuasting all other options I flashed the BIOS of my A150 last month which solved one problem (black screen of death) but has now given me another - I was getting a little under 3 hours on both my 3 cell batteries, but now after using the latest BIOS I'm struggling to get 1.5 hours on the same settings!

Has anyone else experienced this? I was toying with getting a 6 cell, but if that's only going to give me 3 instead of the standard 6 hours there's not really any point.

Any suggestions of options open to me?

Thanks for any and all feedback guys.

wanderlust, Dec 3, 2009
  2. wanderlust

shurcool

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are much more people having problems with the A150 compared to A110?

Maybe it's only because there are more A150s out there than A110s?

Anyway, hope you resolve your issue.

shurcool, Dec 3, 2009
  3. wanderlust

CZroe

My A110 ZG5 did the same thing with 3009, but I had a short in my power cord or jack that I blamed it on at first (sometimes caused inintentional rapid switching between charging and discharging modes). Even when left still for months to minimize the effect of the faulty power supply it dropped by more than 50% a month until it stopped charging all together (stuck at 0%; indicator shows "plugged in" but not "charging"). :( I ordered a 9-cell and replacement power cord last night (I hope it isn't the power jack that's faulty). I also updated to 3010, in case that helps any.

CZroe, Feb 12, 2010
  4. wanderlust

wanderlust

Well I hope that helps, can you post your findings as I'm looking to buy a 6 cell as I can't manage on 1.5 hours per charge - I need to have a search on here and see if there are any recommended sites/sellers - anyone have a suggestion?

wanderlust, Feb 13, 2010
Ask a Question