First Impressions

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by hamsterhead, May 19, 2009.

1. hamsterhead

hamsterhead

Had it a few hours now...again...

250gb HDD
    2gb ram
    Vista Home Basic
    3 cell (blech) battery.

So this is the version that retails for $398 at Walmart. It's actually a really strange choice...Vista with the 1.33ghz Z520 is hideous (it's bad on all netbooks really, but worse here). I think this was a terrible choice by Acer, because I don't think the average Walmart shopper will know how to upgrade to Windows 7 (possibly faster) or downgrade to XP. I'm going to install XP right now, and should have a full review on Youtube by the end of the evening...I'll post the link here when I get it done.

For now...real quick:

Chasis/design: Really really nice...so slim and light, I'm not a huge fan of the touchpad/palmrest though material though...seems to be the same as the 8.9" aspire one.

Keyboard: I'm not a fan of the flat chicklet keys...for me...it makes my fingers miss more. But, beides that, the keys are plenty wide, good feedback, and it definitely rivals some of the best netbook keyboards.

Screen: Glossy, ya...but, it's a nice glossy. I get a glare, but the screen can get really really bright at the highets setting and the picture looks very crisp.

hamsterhead, May 19, 2009
  2. hamsterhead

wing40

Cool, thanks for posting. If you do get a review up on Youtube, please post it here, I'd like to watch it.

wing40, May 19, 2009
  3. hamsterhead

hamsterhead

http://www.youtube.com/user/randysrandomreviews

There's the review and a quick video showing performance in Vista.

It's not the best review, but I think I managed to mention most of the important items. Sorry for the delay, but hope ya'll enjoy. :)

4. hamsterhead

hamsterhead

ooops! The Review didn't go through...I didn't realize It needed to be udner 10 minutes. I'll redo it later with less babbling. :)

5. hamsterhead

dendielie

hi does it have a SATA or PATA hdd?Or any free mini pci-e slots ;)

dendielie, May 19, 2009
  6. hamsterhead

hamsterhead

hamsterhead, May 20, 2009
  7. hamsterhead

wing40

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the reviews on YouTube. I watched them both and they were very helpful.

wing40, May 21, 2009
Ask a Question