Firefox update already installed (but isn't)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by lesw, Jul 16, 2009.

1. lesw

lesw

With the help of this forum I've been able to do most things provided I find step by step instructions; so thank you.
    However I went to the acer website and downloaded Firefox3, and followed the istructions.
    However at the end it said that I already had the update installed but clearly looking at Firefox, I haven't.

This may be related to the Live update History which now returns an Internal error.
    I've done a search about these items which bring up conflicting solutions. I know they are probably related issues.

Sorry about this but can anyone provide me with definitive step by step instructions please?

lesw, Jul 16, 2009
  2. lesw

wjoyce62

Hi,

If you follow macles instructions @ http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/inst ... e-one.html you shouldn't go far wrong.

I downloaded Firefox 3.5 via the firefox.com website and adapted the instructions accordingly e.g. Firefox automatically downloads the archive file to /mnt/home/Downloads.

p.s. Firefox 3.5 seems much faster than v2

wjoyce62, Jul 16, 2009
  3. lesw

lesw

Thank you.
    That worked a dream! I cut and pasted in from the macles web-site as suggested and it took less than 5 minutes.
    As you say it is much, much faster.
    Thanks once again

lesw, Jul 19, 2009
Ask a Question