Firefix closes itself

Discussion in 'Linux' started by nickp34, Nov 1, 2008.

1. nickp34

nickp34

Hi,

I am new to Linux. Just bought an Aspire One yesterday.

When I try accessing certain sites like youtube, yahoo.com, yahoo mail firefox just closes itself. How do I view an error log to see what it causing the problem?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

nickp34, Nov 1, 2008
  2. nickp34

Albertde

I echo that. Only this seems to occur when I access heavy-duty sites. Perhaps it is memory-related.

Albertde, Nov 2, 2008
  3. nickp34

nickp34

It only happened when loading sites that have videos on the page. In my case the problem only started after installing VLC player.

I just did a system restore and it is all working fine now, both yahoo and you tube. Have not installed VLC player this time.

Nickp.

nickp34, Nov 2, 2008
  4. nickp34

scottw22

Firefox and Adobe Flash are known to play poorly together. It happens on any system, not just the AA1.

scottw22, Nov 2, 2008
  5. nickp34

rbil

Error logging on Acer's Linpus is VERY minimal compared to a "normal" Linux system that logs everything, including when you've picked your nose. I guess this has been done to prevent too much wear and tear on the SSD drive. What you could try and do is launch firefox from a terminal. Keep the terminal open and go about doing the browsing you want. You might get some hints of what the problem is, as some error messages may be presented in the terminal when the problem hits.

Cheers.

rbil, Nov 2, 2008
  6. nickp34

Blingin2Mingin

Try installing flash player version 10 for Linux . http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    I found it crashes the browser less frequently than when using version 9.
    You will need the .rpm version

Blingin2Mingin, Nov 2, 2008
Ask a Question