Finally, Keyboard Cover

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by IcyBC, Jan 13, 2016.

1. IcyBC

CasualGoofy

There were covers on school, library, and at some friends' keyboard. The feeling is little weird.

It is useful no doubt. Rather than issue with food, I had stuff dropping on my keyboard. For instance my point and shoot camera that was on a tripod, iPad, cordless phone, or other things on my desk - it all managed to drop on it once.

When I eat at my desk, I put a clear plastic bag over the keyboard after I opened up something to read/watch.

If I get a keyboard cover now, my notebook would've like to say, "Well it only took you 6 years to get that cover".

CasualGoofy, Mar 27, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. IcyBC

IcyBC

@rz3300 I have to agree that it was a great investment for me. This package I bought come with the outside covers and plus the keyboard cover for less than $15 bucks. I couldn't blow this money on a better thing.

I am think of getting one for my sister! We all eat and drink while we work :), can't help it!

IcyBC, Mar 29, 2016
  3. IcyBC

IcyBC

Haha, you made me laugh! Better get one soon! I believe typing with a clear plastic bag over the keyboard is more difficult than a fitted keyboard cover! Check on Amazon, my cost less than $15 bucks and come with the outside covers too.

IcyBC, Mar 29, 2016
  4. IcyBC

obliviousme

Keyboard cover is such a good idea! I'm definitely getting one of those! I've had a few encounters of a messed up keyboard and it's every frustrating. This is such a life saver!

obliviousme, Apr 30, 2016
  5. IcyBC

Lisa Davis

I clean my keyboard three or four times a week. However, the laptop that I am using now is not quite as large and prone to sucking up dirt like my last one. The last one I did get a keyboard cover for after it ended up getting so much dirt in it that it started to impede typing. However, the keyboard cover slowed my typing down and reduced my accuracy. So, I found another solution! I got an external keyboard that connected to the laptop by USB. I used to take phone calls for a company at my house and they would complain of the typing noise during calls (because I was also working another job simultaneously). So, I got a keyboard that was made of silicone/rubber that literally had no cracks for any dirt to fall into and literally could be rolled up and put into my laptop bag. It makes zero noise when typing. I was told this type of keyboard is often used by the military, particularly in the field in places where dirt and sand are likely to get into a keyboard. Has anyone else used one of these or owns one themselves?

Lisa Davis, May 18, 2016
  6. IcyBC

acheno84

The first time I used a keyboard cover, I was in heaven.l I love the way that they feel and I love that I don't have to shake my entire laptop to get the crumbs and hair out of there. I can type about 95 words per minute and have never had an issue with the cover getting in the way of my speed and efficiency. There are days though, where I take it off if I'm having one of my "germophobe" days.

acheno84, Jun 9, 2016
Ask a Question