File.exe Virus on my Laptop and Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Windows' started by 3li, Jan 29, 2022.

1. 3li

3li

Hey, please I need help with my laptop. My friend used my hard drive and returned it with a virus in it. The virus creates 2 files in every folder on any external drive I insert into my laptop. even if the drive is formatted the two files remain. they are named; 'Files.exe' '[folder name].exe' and 'Unhide File' = Windows Batch File. The first one opens another window of the folder on click, like a shortcut but comes back after deletion, the second runs CMD and unhides hidden files on click, I Have attached a picture with the viruses image. Please it's stopping me from creating a bootable Media Drive, anyone please or help me forward it.

Attached Files:

• pc.PNG
      pc.PNG
      File size:
      311.7 KB
      Views:
    3li, Jan 29, 2022
  2. 3li

anyabaker

The virus that you are describing is a shortcut virus. This type of virus creates shortcuts to folders and files, and then hides the original files and folders. This can make it difficult to access your files and folders, and it can also prevent you from creating a bootable media drive.

There are a few things you can do to remove the shortcut virus from your laptop:

1. Use an antivirus program. Most antivirus programs will be able to detect and remove shortcut viruses. You can run a full scan of your laptop with your antivirus program to see if it can find the virus.
    2. Use a data recovery tool. If your antivirus program cannot remove the virus, you can try using a data recovery tool. These tools can scan your laptop for lost or deleted files, and they may be able to recover the original files and folders that were hidden by the virus.
    3. Format the drive. If all else fails, you can format the drive. This will erase all of the files on the drive, including the virus. However, it will also erase any of your files that were not infected by the virus.
    Here are some additional tips for removing shortcut viruses:

• Make sure that you update your antivirus program regularly. This will help to ensure that your antivirus program is up to date with the latest virus definitions.
    • Be careful about what files you open. If you receive an email attachment from an unknown sender, do not open it. This could be a virus disguised as an attachment.
    • Use a firewall. A firewall can help to protect your computer from viruses and other malware.

anyabaker, Jul 2, 2023
Ask a Question