Faulty USB Port?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by somethingawful, Aug 27, 2008.

1. somethingawful

somethingawful

Just picked-up this unit today, and I happend to notice when plugging any device into the (left-side) usb port, no device seems to be recognized, where-as anything plugged-into either of the right-side port(s) seem to work fine. Even tried unplugging all usb devices and JUST plugging a device (i.e. thumbdrive) into the left-side port and no result. Anyone else run into this issue or am I the first lucky guy to get a device with a defective usb port? (I wish I could say it would be easy to return this to the local retailer where I purchased it for an exchange, but it seems every one of their stores [within driving distance] are sold-out, not to mention it's sold-out online as well.)

somethingawful, Aug 27, 2008
  2. somethingawful

hmraao

ClipDrives, PassportDrives and even a M$ Mouse: they all work in any of the USB ports I've tried. If your LH USB port isn't working with anything that you plug into it, take it back:)

hmraao, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question