Fatal Blue Screen then automatic reboot

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by MacQ, Aug 30, 2009.

1. MacQ

MacQ

I have a new (one week old) acer aspire 5536-5883 with a possible os or virus problem. In safe mode, immediately following loading of the desktop, the machine flashes the fatal blue screen for less than a second and automatically reboots. The cycle repeats regarless of which safe mode is selected. My last attempt in normal (not safe) mode allowed the blue screen to display w/o a reboot and the message is ..... Technical Info: STOP: 0x0000008E...."collecting data for crash dump, initializing disk for crash dump". The laptop did not have any o/s or recovery media. I'd like to boot from a recover or o/s CD to attempt os repair. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve or how I'd obtain a cd/dvd to attempt repair? I appreciate any direction? I did try calling ACER and the automated attendant was painful. I will probably have to try again but thought I'd throw this out to the forum. Thanks much.

MacQ

MacQ, Aug 30, 2009
  2. MacQ

KiNG

wrong forum...moving

KiNG, Sep 3, 2009
Ask a Question