Fan control, specific questions

Discussion in 'Windows' started by peer, Feb 15, 2009.

1. peer

peer

Hi all. Just recently got my AA1 (A110, 8gb SSD, 3114 bios) and I'm really impressed so far. Installed Ron's version of TinyXP and it's really smooth and fast.

However, I use the 0.9 beta of AA1 Fan Control which was installed with TinyXP. What bother's me is that the fan is either ON (high speed, much noise) or completely OFF. I'd like to for example have fan off under 50 degrees, slow mode 50-65 and high mode after 65.
    I've searched and found aa1ctl control software which has OFF, slow mode and auto mode. Unfortunately aa1ctl doesn't work on my AA1 (new version in the works). Also I've tried the 1.6 version of AA1 Fan control, but didn't work for me and doesn't seem to have the "slow mode" which I'm looking for anyway.

So, my questions are:

1. Are there even more alternative software solutions than these two above?
    2. If I install 3309 bios, how will the fan behave? OFF/slow mode/high or just OFF/high?
    3. Is the slow mode worth trying to fix? How loud is it compared to off/high?

Thanks in advance guys.

peer, Feb 15, 2009
  2. peer

Eosblue

Is the main issue here noise?

Eosblue, Feb 15, 2009
  3. peer

peer

Yes.

peer, Feb 15, 2009
  4. peer

Eosblue

Then you need my ears. I didn't know the Acer had a fan! Enjoy it while you can. The day will come when you start saying "What did you say?"

Eosblue, Feb 17, 2009
  5. peer

dattaway

The fan is completely controllable, but not well documented. I have a linux perl script that can change the speed and what triggers it, but its quite obfuscated.

dattaway, Feb 17, 2009
  6. peer

morningching

I installed Ron's tiny Xp some days ago. It really made a noise. I didn't like the sound. It did not allow me to install Avira anti virus. I uninstalled hopelessly.Today I give a second try. I remove fan control. I restart in save mode(Press F8,during restart to select save mode). Again,Switch off. Then switch on again in normal mode.Everything works. No noise, Avira antivirus installs.

morningching, Feb 19, 2009
Ask a Question