Failed to execute child process "firefox" (no such file or d

Discussion in 'Linux' started by sylviag, May 7, 2011.

1. sylviag

sylviag

Hello,

I attempted to upgrade my browser to Firefox 3, following the step by step guide laid out http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/inst ... e-one.html but I must have done something wrong as nothing happens when I try to launch the browser. I have tried to run the safemode option (firefox -safe-mode) but I got the following error: The command "firefox -safe-mode" failed to run: Failed to execute child process "firefox" (no such file or directory). Any idea how to get out of this situation, please? I wanted to upgrade to the latest version (Firefox 4) but my understanding was that I needed the 3 before installing the latest.

Thank you for your help.
    S

sylviag, May 7, 2011
  2. sylviag

PCNetSpec

PCNetSpec, May 19, 2011
  3. sylviag

sylviag

Re: Failed to execute child process "firefox" (no such file

Ok, thank you. I'll try that. I found a temporary solution in the meantime, I did a search a located the executable file for FF2 and launch the browser from there. I can't open it from my desktop because I have a broken link now.
    Thank you

sylviag, May 19, 2011
  4. sylviag

taamirplus Guest

Re: Failed to execute child process "firefox" (no such file

Actually when Firefox upgrade their version 4.0 i always got error problem, but when they update their browser i don't facing any problem yet

taamirplus, May 20, 2011
Ask a Question