External Speakers

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by acheno84, May 11, 2016.

1. acheno84

acheno84

My speakers for my laptop are poor excuses for speakers and can't stand wearing headphones all of the time because I feel like I'm chained to the computer. Are there any brands of inexpensive speakers that I should look into? I can't really spend too much money on anything right now, and although there are tons of things listed on Craigslist, I don't really want to buy something that I might end up having to replace due to age and wear on them. Any suggestions for brand names? I can use either the audio jack or USB.

Thanks!

acheno84, May 11, 2016
  2. acheno84

Yillbs

Hey AMY!

try this : Logitech Z313

About 40~ dollars, and decent sound! I use them at my desk, but my laptop has decent speakers, but i also have a set of wireless JBL headphones I picked up!

Yillbs, May 11, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. acheno84

Corzhens

We have cheap speakers here in the Philippines although the brands slipped my mind for now. When I was testing our new desktop at home (that was in 2009), I asked my husband to buy an external speaker. He bought one with a plug for power and not the stand-alone speaker. The cost was $6. And it was okay with the sound. That one I gave to my nephew in one occasion because we are not really using it anymore after the testing.

Corzhens, May 11, 2016
  4. acheno84

IcyBC

How about checking for new condition on Amazon and eBay? Their prices sometimes are much cheaper. I know Craigslist may have a big selection, but unless I buy things that have at least a year warrantee with established companies, Craigslist wouldn't be my first choice to buy from private owner.

IcyBC, May 12, 2016
  5. acheno84

OursIsTheFury

Well, if you aren't satisfied with your built in speakers, then you definitely should consider getting an external one with your preferential quality. Too bad though, that it will ruin the laptop's mobility, as you need the speakers plugged in for them to work, and you only can do that while being stationary, as switching plugs just to listen to music can be a pain after a while of switching rooms. But if you have the patience for it, then by all means, get one and fulfill your musical needs with external speakers.

OursIsTheFury, May 12, 2016
  6. acheno84

obliviousme

I agree, built-in laptop speakers are terrible. I bought a mini speaker, it's just a little round thing but the sound quality is very clear and impressive. The good thing is, it's portable so you can take it anywhere and it is charged through the usb port in your laptop as well.

obliviousme, May 14, 2016
  7. acheno84

Lisa Davis

Honestly, I have a no-name speaker that I won in a contest from Marlboro cigarettes. I have used it for years now and it does the job for me. The battery lasts a long time before I have to charge it and it will even charge while it is operating. It's not the prettiest speaker. It's hunter green and a really bizarre shape, but it does the job. It uses a regular audio jack.

Lisa Davis, May 15, 2016
  8. acheno84

rz3300

Well the one thing that I can tell you is that the brand does matter, especially when you are talking long term. I have made this mistake several times when it comes to headphones and speakers alike. The cheaper ones always seem attractive and I usually go with the "well they are just speakers, how different can they be?" kind of thinking, which is never good. They always end up going bad. Spend some money and get a quality brand.

rz3300, May 16, 2016
  9. acheno84

acerme2

I am also using a generic speaker which I bought from a cheap electronics store. I only use the speaker whenever I listen to the lecturer on an online course I've enrolled into lately. The quality is average, it is a small round thing that connects to the USB for power so it does not use as much power as other external speakers. So long as it amplifies the sound to my desired volume, I'm fine with it.

acerme2, Oct 14, 2016
  10. acheno84

Krissttina Isobe

If you window shop at Walmart in your neighborhood you'll find very inexpensive electronics and accessories too. I always check their supplies and found a nice laptop I'm keeping my eyes on too for it's the cheapest as I window shop online and off too. I have been seeing many accessories at Walmart that I'd like to get for it's cheaper than all the stores sales too. Hope this helps you! Good luck in finding your speakers.

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 15, 2016
  11. acheno84

Kojack

I am using Harman kardon champagne speakers right now....they are soon being replaced by a set of PSB media speakers w/ subwoofer. You cannot get a better set of speakers. PSB are the BEST! I have stratus Golds in my rec room, and alpha mite's in my family room. I will never use another brand.

Kojack, Nov 24, 2017
  12. acheno84

Mito

How about checking for new condition on Amazon and eBay? Their prices sometimes are much cheaper

Mito, Mar 14, 2018
Ask a Question