External Monitor changing resolution on reboot/startup

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tdavie, Nov 23, 2008.

1. tdavie

tdavie

Hello all, first time poster here (not first time comp user). I bought the aspire one because I was going through a laptop withdrawl after giving my xp laptop to my girlfriend (switching over to Mac/OS X), and I simply needed a mobile computing device. uick reason for not buying a Macbook Pro when they were 'revised' in October is that they did not come with the new graphics card.

Anyways, I also bought a 22 inch widescreen monitor (Acer P221W) monitor to go along with the AA1, and have no problems running it as my primary desktop in extended mode (set through the graphics media adapter control panel) at 1280x960, with the AA1 set to 1024x600.

No prblems running any programs on the sxternal monitor, but the only slightly annoying thing is that upon reboot or power up, the resolution of the desktop is set to 1680x1050; in other words, it changes my resolution.

Does anyone know how to prevent this change from occuring?

thanks in advance.

Tom

tdavie, Nov 23, 2008
Ask a Question