External Antenna Mod

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by razcalk, Nov 13, 2008.

1. razcalk

razcalk

I was wondering if its possible (enough room) to install a RPSMA plug where the Kensington keyhole is located for mounting an external antenna... Anyone one think so?

razcalk, Nov 13, 2008
  2. razcalk

Harani

i have had the One apart looking for a space to put an external antenna connector and the best place i found for a large connector was just in front of the audio connectors
    However the problem with a RPSMA is that it's going to stick out and snag things. i have ditched the RPSMA isdea as being too large and intend to go with a MMCX connector.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMCX_connector

Antennas and pitgtails ae easily availble for this kind of connector and the advantage is it's a socket that can sit flush with your case.

i have ordered a right angle one of these off ebay. it's meant for PCB mounting but should be easy enough to solder to an internal cable and epoxy into the case somewhere. in fact it's so small i'm going to try to put it in the hollow shoulder of the LCD hinge

Harani, Nov 14, 2008
Ask a Question