Estimated time of charge.

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Elektron, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Elektron

Elektron

Hey everyone!
    This is something I've been asking myself and also a lot of people because it's really interesting to know how much time I shall leave my laptop charging for in order to extend the battery's life and also the charger's life as well. I have a friend who used to charge it for more than 6 hours and he also used to keep the charger's jack plugged into the laptop even when it was already charged.
    What's the estimated time or charge?

Elektron, Aug 6, 2016
  2. Elektron

rz3300

Well I have heard so many things when it comes to making the most out of your battery that I am really not sure what to believe anymore. I have heard that having it plugged in when fully charged is good for the battery and also that it is bad for the battery, mostly in terms of the ability to hold a charge. Things like charge it halfway or let it go all the way out before charging are other things that i have heard, but never really given the time to try. I am just not sure anymore.

rz3300, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Elektron

Fuzyon

It's a good idea to disconnect your charger when the battery is full, I usually do that and let mine die down to about 25% then plug it back. I try to not let the charger connected for no reason because it can slowly damage your battery life overtime. Mine takes 2 hours to charge from 0 to 100, it totally depends on the laptop.

Fuzyon, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Elektron

Corzhens

When my laptop was new, the tech in the office advised us to drain the battery of the laptop for the first time and then have it in full charge. After that, it is okay to charge even if it is not drained. From what I remember, the full charge of my laptop's battery when drained was more than 10 hours, I charged it overnight. But now I usually charge my laptop when the battery goes down to 50% or lower and it takes about 3 hours or so for that 50% to be on full charge.

Corzhens, Aug 7, 2016
  5. Elektron

fcuco

The best thing you can do is to let the battery run dry before you plug the AC adapter again. You will find conflicting information regarding this thing about leaving the laptop plugged in after the battery is fully charged: some people say that this will damage the battery while other people claim that modern batteries and circuits can handle this without issues.

The battery's life is measured in charge cycles, this means that the battery will degrade a little bit after each charge, there is not much that you can do about it. Even if you avoid charging the battery it simply slowly degrades with times, batteries are not eternal, no matter what you do.

fcuco, Aug 7, 2016
Ask a Question