Equium A200

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Sweeper, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Sweeper

Sweeper

Hi All

Not much of a computer wizz but as an engineer I'm always happy to have a go and recently fitted new hard drive to the mrs old Equium A200 1V0, decided to fit a SSD and install windows 7 pro, machine was great and really fast. Occasional freezing which needs a power down to clear eventually getting to a point where it is unusable.
    So here is what I have done, tried an other processor (this made things worse, so assumed the replacement was faulty) machine was stripped and cleaned and there were no obvious signs of damage etc. Updated all drivers and the BIOS, one important thing I have noticed is the freeze never occurs when running just on the battery or when on the performance power plan although when the performance plan is selected the machine sometimes is difficult to boot up if the power supply is plugged in, unplug and it will boot fine. tried another power supply and even tried without battery.
    I will be trying another processor, followed by a standard HDD with a clean install of windows 7, but I am thinking it is a faulty motherboard? Could I be right?

Sweeper, Nov 29, 2018
Ask a Question