Enabling Compiz

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by eks, Sep 28, 2008.

1. eks

eks

Hallos,

I've been trying to enable and configure Compiz for the latest couple of days without much success.

I mean, there's an option on the Windows Manager Option, the one on the picture, where the first option let's you enable "a compositor", but it doesn't give its name. That compositor, if it's Compiz, is only configurable on that window, and allow just some shadows and transparencies on the borders. Running compiz-manager doesn't change anything. Plus, if i try to enable compiz from the command line, I get this:

Either with that misterious compositor enabled or disabled, I get that error on the terminal. Plus the windows without borders.

I've also tried installing fusion-icon, searched everywhere but there's no sign of the package:

I've also tried searching on the package manager...

Any ideas?

eks
    PS: sorry for the screenshot in Italian, but I bought it here on Italy (the / is terribly positioned on all italian keyboards but the enter is double sized on the AAO.) :D
    PPS: the literal translation from Italian is "Changes to Windows Manager", but I don't believe its' called like that in English...

eks, Sep 28, 2008
  2. eks

eks

So I kind of found the answer by myself. Which is very simply:

Code:
    sudo yum upgrade fedora-release

This adds more "advanced packages" for your Linpus installation. I think. Still answer anfill answer at this post.

Then you can either search for fusion-icon on the Package Manager or:
    Code:
    sudo yum install fusion-icon

Which installs the fusion-icon. Then just do alt+f2 and type fusion-icon to run it.

If you want it permanently added to the taskbar, just add it to the autostart with alt+f2 and run xfce4-autostart-editor.

Now... where's the wiki I saw mentioned around here before...?

eks

eks, Sep 29, 2008
Ask a Question