Ekiga removal and Nautilus error

Discussion in 'Linux' started by nue, Dec 22, 2008.

1. nue

nue

Okay so finely have a somewhat tuned system up and running now with Mandriva 2009.

Now I can't for the life of me remove that damned Ekiga shortcut regardless of what I do. Already attempted to clean out the hook (no lines I believe /var/lib/gnome/desktop) and the link (var/lib/gnome/desktop) it was connected to. No dice. It KEEPS coming up despite my feeble attempts at removal as root. Don't really want to completely remove the program itself but they're making it this difficult to remove, I'd have no other choice...

Another somewhat random occurrence appears to be a Bonobo/Nautilus conflicting when I boot up as root as well, leaving me with no active desktop and to re-log in as root or as a user (-Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error from Bonobo when attempting to register the file manager view server). Any one have any experience dealing with these? Only things that have been updated are Firefox and Xscreensaver, and minor tinkering in files to get the LED/SD cards working.

nue, Dec 22, 2008
  2. nue

grwkak

I had the same problem - it could be deleted but would reappear on next boot!

I just ended up living with it.

Guy

grwkak, Dec 24, 2008
  3. nue

donec

I have no idea what Bonobo is or what it has to do with Nautilus so I can't say anything about the Nautilus error. However I also have tried everything I can think of to get rid of the Ekiga shortcut and find it strange that they have made it so difficult to remove and just wonder what Mandriva gets for it being there. If anyone figures out how to get rid of it so it doesn't come back please let us know.

donec, Dec 24, 2008
Ask a Question