Eeebuntu Netbook Remix

Discussion in 'Asus Eee PC' started by jmemm37, May 1, 2009.

1. jmemm37

jmemm37

I am just wanting to post a comment. I purchased my Aspire One a couple of months ago and it came with WinXP. In my opinion, this makes it boot really slow. It also has very slow access time when it comes to reading my 160gig HDD. I must say though that I obtained a copy of Eeebuntu Netbook Remix and after installing it and running it for a while, I am quite impressed. Everything works on my One just as it did with WinXP in regards to the wireless and the webcam. Boot time is dramatically reduced. Also access time is much quicker. Last night I did the upgrade to 9.04 and I must say that, knock on wood, it went without a hitch. I am sitting at Starbucks right now and after almost 2 hours of surfing the web and downloading and installing Skype, again-- so much easier than past experiences with Linux. The makers of the Netbook Remix should be commended for embarking on a journey of coming up with an OS for netbooks that works like a dream!! I look forward to a long and happy relationship with my netbook now!! :D

jmemm37, May 1, 2009
  2. jmemm37

jackluo923

What's your boot time and hdd's access time? For me, cold start boot time is under 20 seconds ( usually around 15seconds) and access time is about 12-15ms. HDD maximum speed is around 70MB/s and averages around 50MB/s.

jackluo923, May 1, 2009
Ask a Question