editing my hardware config settings

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by GarethMT, Sep 2, 2008.

1. GarethMT

GarethMT

I have looked through my .config file in /Boot; I noticed the USB to Serial entry is set to "m" and the serial adapter (pl303) is "not set". the system can "see" the adapter, but not initialise it.
    How can I change this and hopefully get my adapter working?

GarethMT, Sep 2, 2008
  2. GarethMT

GarethMT

so far I have had 53 views and no replies - I'm clearly not unique, but where are the Gurus?

GarethMT, Sep 5, 2008
  3. GarethMT

daldred

Perhaps most of the viewers are trying to find out what hardware config files you're on about. The subject is a bit generic: people looking for help with any sort of hardware problem might click on it - or people like me, who are just curious to find out what config files other people have found and modified.

So, lots of views, but no-one even saying they have the same issue (whatever the actual issue is - I frankly don't understand what is wrong and what you're trying to achieve) could well mean that you *are* unique!

daldred, Sep 5, 2008
  4. GarethMT

GarethMT

Well, I'm trying to get a USB to Serial adapter working under Linux on the Aspire.
    I looked through the .config file in the /Boot directory, but my limited knowledge of Linux (and the warning on the file!) tells me I should not be attempting to edit this file.
    My question is, as this file shows the USB to Serial Adapter setting is set to "m", and the particular adapter I use (a pl303) is set to "not set", where is the .config file I need to edit to enable the USB to Serial adapter, and what settings should I be using?
    Thank you for your time.

GarethMT, Sep 8, 2008
Ask a Question