eboostr issues

Discussion in 'Windows' started by endlessnameless, Dec 18, 2008.

1. endlessnameless

endlessnameless

I Recently installed eboostr and after my aao reset, I noticed that while eboostr is running, firefox and internet explorer do not come up. I noticed that the hd light stops flickering after I double click on it and nothing happens. I shut down eboostr and firefox will load after clicking on it. IE has yet to work again. Any thoughts?

endlessnameless, Dec 18, 2008
  2. endlessnameless

scottw22

*bump*

I just discovered this app and it looks intriguing. It seems to be mentioned in a negative light in other threads. Is this potentially useful or is it rubbish?

scottw22, Jan 25, 2009
  3. endlessnameless

goofball

I found it rubbish. Didn't do anything worth the price.

goofball, Jan 25, 2009
  4. endlessnameless

jackluo923

If you know how it works and know how to use it, it'll be an awesome application. It gives you about 3-5X "speed" increase.
    A lot of people who installed eboostr doesn't really know how it works and what it does thus haven't properly used the program.

BTW... try reinstalling eboostr and rebuilding the cache on the flash card. Also make sure the eboostr service is running or else eboostr might causes some problems like the ones you described in your original post.

jackluo923, Jan 25, 2009
  5. endlessnameless

ck-

I installed eBoostr and my device regularly crashed and had corrupt SDHC card, which contained "My Documents".
    Removed eBoostr and it's never occurred since.
    Related? I don't know, but the performance improvements were marginal. Program clasimed 60% improvement, but it e=was nothing noticablee in real life.

ck-, Jan 31, 2009
  6. endlessnameless

jackluo923

Performance improvement for non-cached large applications will be either slower or marginal. But depending on your point of view, eboostr can lower the performance if used improperly or improve performance by 10 times in certain situations.

jackluo923, Jan 31, 2009
  7. endlessnameless

ck-

To be fair, it did improve boot times quite a lot. But it did seem to cause me problems with corrupt SDHC. I'll try again, and report back if there are any problems - i've been running without any corruption for a couple of weeks, so if it occurs again after eBoostr, that will be a good indication. If no problems occur, eBoostr will be vindicated, and I will get some value from the $29 I spent.

ck-, Feb 1, 2009
  8. endlessnameless

jackluo923

To be fair, it did improve boot times quite a lot. But it did seem to cause me problems with corrupt SDHC. I'll try again, and report back if there are any problems - i've been running without any corruption for a couple of weeks, so if it occurs again after eBoostr, that will be a good indication. If no problems occur, eBoostr will be vindicated, and I will get some value from the $29 I spent.[/quote:3fscvmrk]

LOL, you're the first eboostr user i know who actually bought the program.

jackluo923, Feb 1, 2009
  9. endlessnameless

ck-

I know.... But I can afford it, and I do like to do my bit to encourage developers, being in the software business myself.

ck-, Feb 1, 2009
  10. endlessnameless

ipearl

The way i understand it eboostr needs a fast read and write unit.
    So faster memory stick or ram modules are preferred.

Class 5 and Class 6

Same goes with USB sticks the slower one cause hikups and crashes.

Boostready in Vista does the same thing if you use crappy USB stick or SLow mem sticks it crashes to make the system run awfull slow.

ipearl, Feb 5, 2009
  11. endlessnameless

jackluo923

Generic class 6 memory card are slow compared to "high-speed" memory cards. FAST SD cards can be as 4-5 times faster than a class6SDHC card.

Fast flash drives can have transfer speeds of more than 35MB/s

jackluo923, Feb 5, 2009
  12. endlessnameless

ipearl

Regardless you need faster ones for this thing to perform well.
    I didn't say which are faster :lol: I just said the faster the better for the better results.

Slower = Crash

ipearl, Feb 6, 2009
  13. endlessnameless

Nemix

The software has potential but definitely not worth the price.

I find it does load programs faster but not worth mentioning. In the newest version 3, there's a Superfetch like feature which preloads applications onto available Ram but only good if you have 1.5-2GB of Ram cause it can easily use 500-1GB to preload applications like Vista.

Also, the Power Save Mode seems to work very well for Laptops running on battery. It's has extended my battery life while maintaining application load times.

I have the trial version running on my Aspire One 150 with 1GB Ram and 4GB Class 6 SDHC, the trial is good forever but can only be used for 4 hours after every re-boot.

For now, I'll stick with the trial until it's expired or eBoostr decides to lower the price by half. ;)

Nemix, Feb 22, 2009
  14. endlessnameless

ck-

I said I'd report back after a couple of weeks, so here I am.
    I re-installed eBoostr, and have had no further problems with instability. It gives a small boost to performance, but not IMHO worth the $29 I paid for it.

ck-, Feb 22, 2009
Ask a Question