Easy Peasy or Eeebuntu?

Discussion in 'Asus Eee PC' started by rpiereck, Feb 28, 2009.

1. rpiereck

rpiereck

I just got my Aspire One, and I really like it so far, but I am looking to install a Linux OS on it. I have changed the Wndows XP drive to 20Gb and created a partition that is 124 Gb for Linux. Now I am undecided on which one to install. It's between Easy Peasy and Eeebuntu. I understand that Eeebuntu was created specifically for the ASUS Eee PCs, but that it will run well on the Aspire One too. Easy Peasy is supposed to be more of a OS that will run on all kinds of Atom netbooks. I have experience with neither one. What experiences do you have with either? What is the best choice? I have heard of people just installed the full Ubuntu, is that a good option too?

rpiereck, Feb 28, 2009
  2. rpiereck

melhiore

Hello, hello...

I can not tell what OS is the best choice for you but I can tell you what I'm doing to test them. I have one bootable pendrive. I use UnetBootin to create system image on USB from downloaded ISO file. After that all you have to do is just boot AA1 from USB and judge for your self...

Linux does not require a lot of experience - you'll learn everything from scratch TBH. It's completely different system comparing to Windows. There is a lot of information here and everywhere in Internet...

melhiore, Feb 28, 2009
Ask a Question