DVD Player App Fix for External DVD Drives

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by mene, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mene

mene

I had a bit of a search through this forum, so I was rather surprised that no one else had mentioned this.

I have been working hard to get all the functions working on my AOA150 to make it working like a real netbook, so I was rather annoyed when I discovered the external LG USB DVD drive would not work with the Apple DVD Player app.

So after searching the back blocks of google, I found this:
    http://www.hardmac.com/news/2008/12/19

In a nut shell edit the DVDPlayback file located in System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A with a Hex Editor.
    Replace all of the occurrences of the word internal with external.
    Reboot your Hackintosh and vollah, you can now play DVD's with an external drive with the native DVD Player app.

Seems too easy, but yes it works!

JME

mene, Apr 16, 2009
  2. mene

MasterJediAdam

Confirmed this works on a Boot 132 Factory install of OSX. Works seamlessly!

MasterJediAdam, May 25, 2009
  3. mene

robotmaker

Can someone whos done this upload the file? I cant figure out how to use the hex editor... :)

robotmaker, May 25, 2009
  4. mene

MasterJediAdam

It may be too big to upload (nearly 9 Mb). Try using 0xED. It is simple to use; just be certain to save a copy of the original file somewhere before editing.

MasterJediAdam, May 26, 2009
Ask a Question