Dual booting with XP anyone?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Irwin J. Finster, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Irwin J. Finster

Irwin J. Finster

Has anyone tried to get the AA1 to dualboot XP with Linpus? I was thinking on putting XP on my AA1 and also run linpus as dualboot. Anyon done that? If yes how?

TIA

Irwin J. Finster, Aug 23, 2008
  2. Irwin J. Finster

Ryan

The simplest way would be to to repartition your Linpus install and create a partition for XP (a stripped down ISO aka performance edition - you can find one on a torrent site) and then reinstall the Linpus system. I'm not sure if the recovery CD allows you to install to a partition or if it's just an install and it's back to how your laptop was in the first place.

Of course remember XP isn't the best performer ever on a SSD hard drive as the Linpus version is equiped with. I'm going to play around with my system this month and see if I can get some guides going on how to get different installs running nicely.

Ryan, Aug 23, 2008
  3. Irwin J. Finster

KGB

Yes, both solutions: adding Windows XP to Linpus Lite SSD and adding Linpus Lite to a Windows XP harddisk. Use Google translate on this http://gborn.blogger.de/stories/1203062/ article

KGB, Aug 25, 2008
Ask a Question