Do you use your touch pad?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by SirJoe, Mar 11, 2016.

1. SirJoe

c201254

My laptop is a Sony Vaio from 2011, and since then website design emphasizes parallax scrolling. It's much better to scroll with a mouse that has a scroll bar than a touch pad. I once had a laptop that had a button instead of a touch pad (I think it was a Toshiba Satellite) and that would probably work better. Also, the left and right buttons under the touch pad really have to be depressed hard to get a click. But sometimes there's no good surface for a mouse, so it is good to still have that option.

c201254, Aug 29, 2016
  2. SirJoe

Aree Wongwanlee

No, I don't use my touch pad at all. In fact, I have disabled it. When I bought my new laptop, my son got me a wireless mouse. Before, I didn't like using wireless mice because they run out of battery power very fast. Maybe that's why he bought me a new one because he uses wireless mice all the time. This new wireless mouse lasted more than one month on a new set of batteries. That's good enough for me. Plus, being wireless, there's no wire to get in the way. Considering that I have very little desktop space, this is very important.

Aree Wongwanlee, Aug 30, 2016
  3. SirJoe

BlueText

I use my touch pad for everything but my Adobe programs like Photoshop and Illustrator. My mom got me a mouse for my computer one Christmas but I never used it. My other mouse is attached to my Walcom board and I only used it in the previously mentioned programs. I'm a fan of carrying as little as possible since I bounce around from Starbucks to Starbucks meeting clients.

BlueText, Aug 30, 2016
  4. SirJoe

Fuzyon

I've never been the most fortunate person when it comes to laptop touch pads, everytime they broke down and the one on my laptop is on its knees after a year, I should get it fixed because it actually gets some use from me. I'm a programmer so sitting in bed writing code and navigating with my touch pad is much easier than standing up to use my mouse.

Fuzyon, Sep 1, 2016
  5. SirJoe

abonnen

Yes I use my touch pad on my chrome books, however my windows laptop I do not I have it set up with a key board and a mouse because it is easier for me use on that computer. So for my it depends on the computer and what I am using the computer is being used for.

abonnen, Sep 1, 2016
  6. SirJoe

vinaya

When I bought my first laptop,someone told me that I should use a mouse instead of inbuilt touch pad. If you use touch pad for a long time, it will become lousy,he said. I complied. I bought a mouse and began using mouse.I used mouse for one year and then it got broken. I was thinking to get a new mouse but I continued dilly dallying. I dillydallied for so long that I never bought another mouse

vinaya, Sep 2, 2016
  7. SirJoe

Elektron

I have a mose just because I do not really feel comfortable using the pad, however, I do use it when I do not have any surface to place my mouse on, it really gets uncomfortable when you just have to place it on your lap alon with your laptop, it really is annoying, it all depends on the place and situation.

Elektron, Sep 5, 2016
  8. SirJoe

cluckeyo

I am not usually at my desk when I use my laptop, so I just use the touchpad pretty much all the time. I do like the mouse that I use with my Chromebox and Desktop. It is way better. Still the touchpad works and is practical for use with the laptop. I like stretching out in the recliner with my laptop or even sitting up in bed. For that purpose, the touchpad is very nice.

cluckeyo, Sep 5, 2016
  9. SirJoe

rz3300

Yep, I have a mouse that I try to use whenever I can, but we all know that this is not the case all of the time. I would like to think that I have been getting better at using the touch pad, but it still does feel a little strange. Oh well, all you can do is find out what works for you and go from there, and you will get better with the touch pad with time. Good stuff, and thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Sep 5, 2016
  10. SirJoe

Karen Gordon

I do use my touchpad exclusively on my laptop. My roommate though does not use them at all. He much prefers using a mouse or a trackball when on a laptop. Even when he does something on my laptop he wants a mouse to do it with. He is not comfortable just using a laptop.

Karen Gordon, Sep 5, 2016
  11. SirJoe

Elektron

I didn't mean that I couldn't handle the touchpad, the only thing is that it feels really weird, I just don't like using it. I personally prefer using mouses whenever I can, for real. Mousepad is just my auxiliar mouse, other than that, I'm a mouse user.

Elektron, Sep 8, 2016
  12. SirJoe

djtech

Not really. Only when I am in a hurry or am using someone else's laptop. I use external mouse, keyboard etc. when possible because it simply helps me do my thing without feeling constrained.

djtech, Sep 10, 2016
Ask a Question