Do you use Safari or another browser?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Alix, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Alix

Alix

I always used Safari, but it didn't support a site I wanted to use and was forced to use Firefox (my backup browser) and found it was much faster. I then tried Chrome and while it was as fast, I just didn't like having the thought of too much tracking and also signing in via gmail and it keeping hold of those details and the account.

Do others prefer Safari still over other browsers or not?

Alix, Oct 26, 2015
    hades_leae likes this.
  2. Alix

GearZ

I use Chrome pretty much exclusively on all my devices, including my MacBook. Safari is not a bad browser, but it is a little dated. I stopped using Firefox years ago, except for when testing something under said.

GearZ, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Alix

Sefie

My preferred browser is with no doubt chrome :) I've found it to be the best and fastest option for me, and I am quite happy with it! I have no idea how I could put up with Firefox, I have already imported my bookmarks to chrome ;) I'd uninstall Firefox, but I still have some things lingering there.

Sefie, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Alix

thess

I haven't used Safari since my high school days on their computers. I've used IE for a long time and have loved it. I wouldn't rather be using anything else.

thess, Oct 29, 2015
  5. Alix

IcyBC

When I was on Window, I use Firefox and Chrome and I love Firefox! Now, I have switched to MacBook so I use Safari exclusively. It takes a little used to, but I am fine with it now.

IcyBC, Nov 2, 2015
  6. Alix

kbnystudio

I've been using Safari since the start of my Mac career. Recently I was using Chrome for a while to try something new, but I ended up back on Safari with Chrome as my backup browser if something isn't supported. I love Safari because I believe it has the cleanest design and makes OS X seamless throughout.

kbnystudio, Dec 8, 2015
  7. Alix

tommytrant20

The first is chrome,seconds firefox , safari as recently I see safari seems to work slower and more error

tommytrant20, Jan 7, 2016
  8. Alix

Rezonate

I use chrome browser. Its reliable, fast and I like the format of where everything is compared to Mozilla and safari.

Rezonate, Jan 7, 2016
  9. Alix

TheNapier

I've used Opera for years now! Originally I used Firefox, but upon experimenting I discovered that Opera was faster, more stable and had more features (this was back before all the other browsers ripped off speed-dial). I've tried Chrome a few times now, but since Opera can use Chrome extensions and Chrome is only a tiny bit faster than Opera (or at least feels that way) I've decided to stick with Opera for the foreseeable future.

TheNapier, Mar 3, 2016
  10. Alix

tommytrant20

i feel in world only 4 browser. ( firefox , chorme , IE , safari ). All rest copying of source chorme.

tommytrant20, Mar 5, 2016
  11. Alix

rz3300

Well before I got my Chromebook as the main little device that I use to browse the internet, I used Opera on my Dell and I used Firefox on the Mac. I really liked Opera, but I have not really checked back to see if they are still around or if they are offering anything new. They are all pretty similar to me at this point, but I do know that Internet Explorer is out of the question.

rz3300, Mar 5, 2016
  12. Alix

fcuco

I went from Safari to Chrome and then back to Safari again. I am starting to hate chrome with every new update, they are limiting a lot of functions for the sake of security, that's good for your average user but it becomes a problem when they don't give or plan to give you any way to add site exceptions or tweak the configuration to bypass these things. Plus I discovered that chrome was turning into a real memory hog, just like Firefox used to be and the reason behind many people leaving Firefox in the first place.

fcuco, Mar 6, 2016
    tommytrant20 likes this.
  13. Alix

tommytrant20

I like your idea , becasue chrome is monopolying in the word , all pepole have to follow them.

tommytrant20, Mar 7, 2016
  14. Alix

obliviousme

I user Firefox and Chrome, but FF mostly. I love using Firefox mostly because I've been using this for years so it just feels like home. I trust firefox and i love how easy it is to manage the settings. Also there's a whole bunch of personalization options so it never gets boring in the firefox world.

obliviousme, Apr 29, 2016
  15. Alix

Jaden11218

I actually prefer using Safari. When I got a Macbook and I saw that they had a completely different browser than other laptops I was intrigued. Maybe for me it's just the novelty of being different from all the other brands. Sometimes I have to use Firefox or Chrome though, as Safari doesn't support every website.

Jaden11218, Jul 11, 2016
  16. Alix

hades_leae

I feel the same, I don't like the tracking that Google does, it's so annoying to not have privacy issues online and google does not care about this. I don't like Safari because anything that has to do with Apple, the I'm against it.There were many sites that it didn't support when I did use it. I just can't do it.

hades_leae, Jul 16, 2016
Ask a Question