Disassembly guide?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by endless, Jan 10, 2009.

1. endless

endless

I'm looking at replacing the 160gb drive in my AAO with a 320gb drive and I want to verify that A. the 160gb drive is a 2.5" SATA drive and B. it's fairly easy to replace. I searched and didn't see a disassembly guide for HD models. Is there one floating around?

Thanks

endless, Jan 10, 2009
  2. endless

goofball

If you get the Service Guide, it will provide you with the disassembly. There is a link to it on this forum somewhere. If you can't find it, PM me and i will send it to you via email

Guaranteed, it is a 2.5" SATA drive.

goofball, Jan 10, 2009
  3. endless

endless

i searched and wasn't able to find one. If you could send me one, I would really appreciate it. webtechnical at gmail dot com.

Thanks

endless, Jan 10, 2009
  4. endless

jeremysdad

Message sent. My addy is unclepdot1 at ******* dot net. Message is guaranteed virus/spam free. So, when you get that message, that is my late Christmas/birthday present to you. Happy New Year!!! LOL...

Good luck. I was able to completely take my One apart and put it back together using that manual, and nothing else (save for screwdriver and credit card :D ). Works very well...

jeremysdad, Jan 10, 2009
  5. endless

endless

Awesome, thank you.

endless, Jan 10, 2009
  6. endless

jeremysdad

You are most welcome. :D I could have jumped on the "Search!!!!!!!!!!!" bandwagon, but I am not an a**hole, as it were...I'd rather take the time out of my (not-so)busy weekend, and help out a fellow user. I hope it serves you well...

So, did it come through okay? My infernal email client took forever (read:30 mins, literally) to post the attachment, and I wasn't sure if it would actually go or not. Have you actually tried it out?

jeremysdad, Jan 10, 2009
Ask a Question