Disappointing Back-up drive

Discussion in 'Storage' started by cluckeyo, May 9, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

My back-up drive by Seagate has been a big disappointment. It puts a load on my laptop and slows it down significantly. Is there a work-around for this, or can you recommend one on the market that will not bog down my laptop?

cluckeyo, May 9, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

Corzhens

Why did you suspect that it is your drive that is slowing down your computer? Is it because you ONLY experience a slow down when you access it? You may be right but don't be quick on the draw. I would suggest that you borrow a back-up drive similar to your Seagate and do a benchmark just to be sure. And if it's your back-up drive that is the culprit then it may need to be defragmented. Other than this, you are bound to buy another external drive for your back-up storage.

Corzhens, Jun 20, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

vinaya

I have never used Seagate. I use WD My Passport Ultra and my storage device has never given me any problem. If you are transferring a huge data from computer to the device and from device to your computer, it may slow your computer. Your computer also slows down if you are transferring multiple files at a time.

vinaya, Jun 29, 2016
Ask a Question