Details features about the 120Go HD version

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by YooY, Aug 7, 2008.

1. YooY

ninjakamster

I uploaded two attachments, the first picture is of the HDD version, second is the SSD version. You can see the bulge on the HDD version.

ninjakamster, Aug 12, 2008
  2. YooY

YooY

Thanks ninjakamster , your pictures are helpful and are highly appreciated. Acer could take example on you....

The bulge is for the 6 cell' battery, it isn't it?

YooY, Aug 12, 2008
  3. YooY

Sid

Nope, the 6 cell hangs out the back. (bottom of images)

Sid, Aug 12, 2008
  4. YooY

YooY

Oups... Of course, I wasn't sure what the word "bulge" means... :oops: sorry, English is not my first language, as you can find it out by yourselves :D

YooY, Aug 12, 2008
  5. YooY

ninjakamster

What I meant by bulge is on the first picture, you can see the left side of the bottom of the notebook is slightly raised and in the second picture, the bottom is entirely smooth.

I think the HDD version is better since you can later remove it and upgrade to a 2.5" SSD which keep dropping in price. The SSD model seems less upgradable because of its thinner case. Though I think with the SSD model, you can fit a 1.8" HDD in there.

ninjakamster, Aug 12, 2008
  6. YooY

YooY

Thanks, I have to admit that I read your message early in the morning (well, for me, I work late in the night)...Now I'm perfectly awake (it's 3 p.m.), I understand :-D
    I agree with you, I would probably change the HDD for a SSD pretty soon depending of what the manufacturers will offer in the forthcoming months....
    thanks again

YooY, Aug 12, 2008
  7. YooY

YooY

For the little story, I just ordered a 120Go HDD. I'll let you know what I'll find in the box, probably at the end of the week (at least I hope)
    Thanks you everybody for your help and comments which are highly appreciated.

YooY, Aug 13, 2008
  8. YooY

electric0ant

go for the 120Gb version, the hard drive is a 5400rpm on a SATA II 3GB.s interface. also the read write speeds on the HDD is so much faster than the SSD.

electric0ant, Aug 14, 2008
  9. YooY

stoddy1980

I ordered a 120GB one with 512MB RAM for the wife from laptopsdirect.co.uk for £230 quid. It arrived on Weds.
    Removed Linux and put on Windows XP service pack 2. It runs quite fast. I would say not far off my Samsung R40 which is Dual Core 1.6ghz 1G RAM on XP SP2. Definately useable. I got the drivers from a link in this forum, thanks guys for all of your advice. It made my life a lot easier!!

stoddy1980, Aug 15, 2008
  10. YooY

YooY

for the records,

My A150 HDD linpus 3cell bat just arrived 2 days ago after 1 week in back order... so the specs are the same as for the A110 : same length, width, depth with a slight bulge... slight, we can probably say stealth... I don't know for the weight since I have nothing to measure it but seems quite the same....

I'm very happy with it, thanks you eberybody for your help ;)

YooY, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question