Desktop BIOS update fail

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Gibber8, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Gibber8

Gibber8

Hi,

I have a new Acer M3970 desktop PC. One of the first things I do with a new machine is apply any available BIOS updates.

The Acer support web site for my model showed three updates more current than the version I had so I tried to install the most recent, in windows mode. The command window flashed up then disappeared and the BIOS did not update.

I did not think it was important to go in order but I tried the next available update instead of the most recent. It installed just fine.

So then I tried the next available update and it failed again, same mode as the first attempt.

So then I tried the DOS version of the update and after launching BIOS_DOS.bat the screen proceeded to the FFS
    checksums step and then stopped with the message: ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID.

I downloaded the file a couple more times to make sure it was not corrupted in transfer.

I contacted Acer support via email. All they do is parrot back the instructions over and over.

Anyone else experienced this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks

Gibber8, Jan 13, 2012
Ask a Question