Dell Latitude 3440 stuck wanting admin password for restore

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Cubcorey, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Cubcorey

Cubcorey

My son has a school issued laptop for online learning. Yesterday it was running horribly slow. About 30 minutes to load windows, so I figured I would do a system restore. Bad idea. Now, when I boot the laptop, it bring me to a blue screen that gives me option to select account: Administrator (which I have no access), Liason (which I have no access) or an option below that says "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" I tap that and get the following message:

"This list only shows administrators accounts that have previously signed into this PC and dies not include user or domain accounts. You need to be signed in as administrator to use some repair and restore tools. If you don't have a password for any of these accounts, you can restart to try signing in to Windows to manage your user accounts." Message followed with a restart tab. I press the tab, and it loops me back to the same select account screen. Does anyone have any idea how to just get back to the main windows login page? I have no passwords besides my sons user account. But I can't get back to that page. Thanks in advance for any help. I believe it's windows 10.

Cubcorey, Dec 10, 2020
  2. Cubcorey

gray1

Yeaugh that was a bad idea.. When it done a system restore it took out your sons account. I'm afraid you will have to have the Administraors password to set up or restore an account for your son again. Since it's school issued, I would reccomend you call the school and tell them what happened and ask for direction. That would be the only LEGAL way to correct the problem. I am sure that hacking the laptop would be against school policy.

gray1, Dec 11, 2020
Ask a Question