Dell Laptop

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by danielle davidson, Jul 14, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidson

So, my laptop just broke a couple of days ago so now I'm trying to look for a new one. My parents want to buy me a Dell, but I've heard that they aren't as good, which is why I'm weary about getting one. I'm not sure what Dell it is, they didn't tell me. I know that there are a lot of other good brands out there though like Acer and Lenovo. So, are Dell laptops good?

danielle davidson, Jul 14, 2015
  2. danielle davidson

Sefie

To be honest I have heard a lot things about Dell, not all of them good. My friend works fixing laptops, so he has seen plenty of Dells, and other brands. I have mixed feelings when it comes to Dells, to be honest if it was me I'd not pick the Dell. I'd rather pick a Lenovo if given the chance. Get more clues online.

Sefie, Jul 14, 2015
  3. danielle davidson

Lun

Among my previous laptops, a Dell and a Lenovo were the longest lasting. My old Dell is still working actually, but it got way too old for my needs with only 2GB of RAM and a core 2 duo CPU, so I gave it to my cousin who only plays flash games on it. Still working even though the hard drive seems to have been a little damaged because it's making noise and getting slow, but that's to be expected from a 10 year old laptop. From my experience, Dell products are sturdy as hell. They can really win the race of time and you can even expect them to work after getting immersed in water.

Check this video from LinusTechTips, he left his Dell XPS 13 out in the rain to see if it would survive.

In terms of specs though, they may be a little more costly than other alternatives from Lenovo, Acer, HP, etc... But I'm sure that money goes into making them durable monsters.

Lun, Jul 19, 2015
  4. danielle davidson

KimmyMarkks

Dell used to have a good reputation many years ago. They were once the leading computer manufacturer in the industry. However, not so much anymore. My sister has a Dell (it is a little older) and she is constantly having issues with it. I would strongly recommend Lenovo or an HP if you are looking to go with a PC. If you want something a little less costly I’d go with a Samsung. Samsung is still very durable, but not as sleek and lightweight. My old computer was an HP and I had it for 5+ years. For the most part I took good care of it but I also brought it to class and home every day, so it got a lot of wear and tear. I currently have a Lenovo. I love it because it is so light but at the same time durable. However, I don’t use it as much as my HP so I’m not sure how it would hold up with all the wear and tear my old computer had.

If you aren’t looking to go with a PC I’ve heard a lot of great things about MACs. I have never owned one because I work in business but I have friends who’ve have theirs for 5+ years as well.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 5, 2015
  5. danielle davidson

IcyBC

I haven't heard many good things about Dell even when I was in college and that was a long long time ago. My teacher even told us not to buy a Dell. I was lucky with my first HP laptop as it lasted for 7 years, but my second HP laptop only lived 2 years. I think it has to do with luck and the batch of laptops that came out that year :)

IcyBC, Nov 17, 2015
  6. danielle davidson

Kenw

I have a 4 and 3 year old Asus. Both of my desktops have Asus motherboards. Any make can have problems. Like buying a car that was made on a Monday.

Kenw, Nov 25, 2015
  7. danielle davidson

David Smith

Dell is a better company IMO, for the customer service, but their makes are not very good. It depends what you need your laptop for. If it is gaming, then I suggest, maybe a Lenovo? Thinkpads are really reliable. HP, is a very good brand too, make some solid laptops.

David Smith, Dec 7, 2015
Ask a Question