Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series 5767

Discussion in 'Dell' started by big frog, Aug 17, 2018.

1. big frog

big frog

The laptop would only turn on for about 10 seconds then shot off. First thing I did was to buy a new charger. I let it charge for a day. I was able to use the computer for about ten minutes then it shut down. I let it charge again and this time I got a message that the charger was not recognized. I tried the charger in a different computer and it worked fine. The next step was that a bought a new battery from Dell. Before I installed the battery I held the power button for about 30 seconds to get rid of any stored power in the system. I installed the battery and tried to power up the system. Nothing happened no power light , nothing at all. 1 of my questions is will the computer power up without the battery being installed 2 could it be the dc jack that the power unit plugs into. My laptop is only about a year and a half old out of warranty.

big frog, Aug 17, 2018
  2. big frog

something back

You have posted this question before

something back, Aug 17, 2018
Ask a Question