Dead Keyboard on Clevo P750TM1-G

Discussion in 'Sager / Clevo' started by Highmaster2, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Highmaster2

Highmaster2

Hello everyone,

This laptop is just over 3 years old and, up til now, has been great.

Recently, the W key started getting intermittent. I sprayed some contact cleaner under the little rubber cup and it started working again for a short time then went intermittent again. I ordered a new key cup, and hinges. When I installed them it worked fine but soon started going intermittent again, then quit altogether.

Something had told me that this was not just a key cap and hinge issue so I had ordered a new keyboard. I installed the new keyboard and the RGB would light up but none of the keys would work. I double checked the 3 ribbon cables to be sure they weren't inverted and were well seated. Still got backlight but no keys would work. BTW - am I correct that the small cable is for RGB and the two larger cables are for keyboard operation?

I reinstalled the original keyboard and now it was the same as the new one - RGB but no keys would work. I've tried all the remedies I found on the internet (update/uninstall/reinstall driver, check for filter key issues, reboot, etc.) but nothing got the keyboard working.

What's interesting is that it shows up in Device Manager which says the device is working properly. Also tried the troubleshooter in Win 10 but it didn't find anything wrong. Also ran SFC which found no problems. A USB keyboard works just fine.

If anyone has any ideas I might try, I would certainly appreciate hearing them. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Highmaster2, Sep 18, 2022
  2. Highmaster2

Highmaster2

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Highmaster2, Sep 21, 2022
Ask a Question