Dead Hard Drive (AAO150) 120gb - help sourcing new one?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by myksterx, Nov 30, 2009.

1. myksterx

myksterx

Hi guys i'm in need of a hard drive that will slot right into my AAO 150 AB (120gb 8.9" model)

The laptop was covered under warrenty but because i opened it up n missed a screw they are saying it not under warrenty any further! (fuming)

Anyhow i can't be bothered arguing with them as i won't get anywhere so i want a replacement or someone who can source a replacement hard drive for me?

I have no idea which one to buy - could do with some model numbers etc?

I know how to replace it - install windows etc - its just getting the correct hard drive (cant be bothered sending them back and what not)

thanks!!! Mike.

myksterx, Nov 30, 2009
  2. myksterx

jerryt

Use the following search words;

"2.5 sata seagate 120gb" I install the 500gb seagates all the time. Some manufacturer's hard drives, sata connector don't fit the AOA150 motherboard, but I don't know which brands. So stick with seagate beacause I know they fit.

jerryt, Nov 30, 2009
  3. myksterx

myksterx

hi jerryt thanks for the respone- do you think the following will work its on ebay:

160GB SEAGATE ST9160821AS 2.5" SATA HDD

its refurbished & £33.99 delivered

Im not planning on keeping the laptop due to the hard-drive failure so i just want a quick fix to put it on ebay and sell it.

thanks,mike.

myksterx, Nov 30, 2009
  4. myksterx

jerryt

Yes.

jerryt, Nov 30, 2009
  5. myksterx

myksterx

thanks jerryt, worked first time, fitted today, installed linpus linux (came with laptop originaly)

now im struggling to install a "CloneZilla" version of the "original state of the xp version of aao"

i have the "recovery disc" in clonezilla format and struggling to install - ive made a thread which is under windows software section if you could help in that department?

as i said earlier, thanks alot for putting me onto the drive, worked perfect!

myksterx, Dec 4, 2009
Ask a Question